Nailcare Routine and Tips

10:10 Unknown 0 Comments


Hey Gorgeous People - I think that's better than Dear Reader, right?

 I am going to go through my nail care routine because I like to keep my nails healthy.
Firstly, I am going to be giving you some tips that you can follow to make sure your nails are healthy!
 Stop biting your nails! - I know this is hard as I have had to conquer my habit of this, but it really does help! It keeps your nails long and the fibre strong. [Holy poo that rhymed and I didn't even mean it but I'm keeping it in there anyways ;)]
 Don't get acrylic nails - Again, I know they make your nails look gorgeous but they file down your nails (as in the actual surface of your nail) in order for the your nail for the acrylic to adhere (stick to a surface aka the nail)
 Broken Nails - when your nails break, cut and file them asap! The longer you leave them, the more they will break.
 Cut your nails regularly -  This is to make sure your nails don't break. Cut your nails every week or two.
 Don't constantly paint your nails - Every time you use nail polish remover, it strips away the natural oils of your nails which is needed to keep your nails strong.
       What you will need:
Cuticle remover
Nail Polish Remover
Cotton Buds (Q-tips)
Cotton Pads
Strengthening Nail Solution
Hand Cream
Nail File
Nail Clipper
Cuticle Stick

1. When treating my nails, I like to remove any nail polish I have with nail polish remover, cotton pads and cotton buds (Q-tips) so I have a clean base.
2. Next, I cut my nails and file them down, which usually gets rid of any split or broken parts of the nail.

3. I then use a cuticle remover (I have Richards & Appleby Cuticle Remover) and put my hands in a bowl of warm water. I do this for about 3 minutes, it gives the cuticle remover a chance to soften the cuticles of your nails so you can then use the cuticle stick to push them back.
4. After that, I grab the Burt's Bees Almond Milk Hand Cream, which I have in a small tub and rub it in over my nails and use Body Shop's Wild Argan Oil Body Butter to moisturise my hands. Doing this makes your hands sooo soft which is helpful, especially around winter.
5. So now I've moisturised my hands, I go in for my nail strengthening solution (I have Avon's Nail Experts Peeling and Brittleness Solver). It basically acts as a top coat for your nails whilst strengthening your nails and giving them vitamins at the same time.
6. If you choose to, at this time you can paint your nails and it will glide on smoothly as the strengthening nail solution will act as an under coat. When that dries, you then use a top coat for it to last longer.

0 comments: